October 21, 2020
BIA Coordinator – Weston Village BIA
The Board of Directors of the Weston Village Business Improvement Area (BIA) requires a
Coordinator/Administrator on a Full-Time basis to provide administrative support, customer service and
general assistance to the Board and Members. The individual must be a self-starter and posses strong
organizational skills to ensure that projects and activities are completed on time. The Board is looking
for a personable, energetic, and organized person who is comfortable working with a team of local
business owners to bring their ideas to life and to assist the Board in fulfilling the BIA’s goals.
The Individual shall:
• Provide support for committee meetings including taking minutes and forwarding to Board members
• Execute all Administrative functions of the daily Operations of the BIA including the preparation of all
communications (emails, newsletters, marketing materials) to the Board, BIA members and community
• Assist in the coordination of joint partnerships between the BIA, the City and other stakeholders
• Assist in the establishment of positive, constructive and proactive relationships with the BIA members
as well as those non-members whose actions can impact the BIA
• Marketing, Social Media, Advertising support with assistance from Board members, Sub-
Committees, and Membership
• Maintain and update the membership database
• Other duties as needed.
The Individual Must:
• Be skilled in Project Administration and have ability to research and execute new projects
• Possess excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
• Be highly organized and self-motivated with ability to manage concurrent projects
• A proficiency in computers, preferably in Microsoft Office, and bookkeeping skills
• Have some knowledge/experience of municipal government structure and operations
• Have a driver’s license, personal vehicle an asset but not required.
Working with the Chair (and/or Designate and other Board Members as required from time to time), the
BIA Coordinator will, in addition to the duties outlined above, be responsible for administering the BIA
Annual Events, researching alternative association Funding Mechanisms, assisting BIA members as may
be required (fielding enquiries etc), liaising with City staff where necessary.
Weston Village - Toronto, Ontario. Full-time position. Remuneration commensurate with experience.
Please send resume to the attention of Chair, Weston Village BIA at email@example.com no
later than Friday, November 13th, 2020.